Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs

Ah...Mo Willems. Always good for a belly laugh. Though I really love his Pigeon books, his stand-alone stories, in my opinion, have really been his best and this latest, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs made me snort-laugh. Always a good sign.

The riff on the traditional Goldilocks and the Three Bears is totally silly, as the three dinosaurs lay the perfect trap for a delicious, succulent little girl. Readers are in on the joke, making for great anticipation as the end draws near, trying to decide whether or not Goldilocks will become a yummy snack for a few sneaky dinosaurs.

If you're looking for a fun new book to use at story time, look no further. Bold illustrations and a hilariously fractured fairy tale made this one a winner for me. Loved it!

Thanks to Balzer + Bray for the review copy!

3 comments:

Peaceful Reader said...

I think I need to order this for my library. I can use different versions of fairy tales-especially by the hilarious Mo Willems

Perogyo said...

This sounds great! My son has recently started reading Elephant & Piggie, I need to order this one for him too.

Lynne Watts said...

Goldilocks and the Three Bears is my favorite fairy tale! I'll have to check this one out!!!