Friday, February 1, 2013

January in review

Every year, in December, I kick myself for not doing monthly wrap-up posts. I like to do yearly wrap-ups and it takes a lot of work when not keeping track of numbers and favorites throughout the year. Changing that starting now.

January was AMAZING for reading. Friends, I read 17 books. I haven't read that many books since May 2011 (and even then I only read 15). That was before Elliott was here, while I still had lots of time on my hands and far less activities during the week. I still can't believe it. 

Part of this awesome number I can attribute to great books. They kicked me out of the reading slump I ended 2012 with. The other part is, I think, because of my newfound peace and calm in my daily life. I've become better organized with cleaning schedules and meal planning and the activities we do and I feel better about sitting down and relaxing. 

So, the numbers.

17 read
15 Fiction
2 Non-Fiction
7 YA
1 MG

Favorites of the month (images link to Goodreads):




More Non-Fiction next month. I have a pile here waiting to be read!

2 comments:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Wow! I'm impressed! You read more than I did!

Abby said...

I used to do monthly book counts on my private livejournal, but it got to be too much work. (Okay, I lost interest when I got a boyfriend and stopped having massive amounts of alone time!) Now I just let GoodReads do the work for me. :)